Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: What new historical girl would you like to see?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member breathesgelatin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2005
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There hasn't been a new historical era in a few years. What would you like to see them come out with? Here are some of my favorite ideas:

    1. 1950s or 1960s doll
    2. Asian doll. I would love to see a girl who is the daughter of Chinese immigrants living in California or Hawai'i in the late 1800s.
    3. Puritan doll--circa 1600s.
    4. Jewish doll (I know there was Lindsey, but still).

    Also which dolls do you think they will make friends for? I hear that Kit or Molly is like to get a buddy in 2006. Who would they make as a friend for Addy? Kirsten? Kaya?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to the board!!! Which dolls do you have? How long have you been interested in AG? I would really love to see historicals from:

    *1960's
    *1970's
    *1980's

    And I would also love to see an Asian and/or Hawaiian doll [img]smile.gif[/img] .

  3. #3
    Inactive Member amyjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2004
    Posts
    1,029
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome!!!!!! Glad you joined!!!!
    I would also love an Asian or Haiwian doll.
    Maybe a AA from the 60's
    Actually I'll take any doll from any period!!!
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member breathesgelatin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2005
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for all the welcomes!

    I only have Kirsten... I got her back a long time ago... I don't remember how old I was, but I know it was before they came out with Addy and maybe even before they came out with Felicity... I was young! She is still in great condition, luckily, though. I have about half of her things including her bed and nightstand which is my favorite piece.

    Lately, I've been hankering for Josefina. That might be my next thing I save up for! Either her or Nellie. Or maybe an AGOT (they need more of those without bangs, though).

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board! I don't know if you've read lots of back posts, but you are right on with what lots of people want here.

    I really don't know who I'd like to see. I think a 50's girl would be neat, but that's pretty close to Molly (who is pretty close to Kit). . . .

    I do think that some special edition of an 80's girl would be cool for the 20th anniversary. I don't know how they'd work that, but it would be me--born in 1970!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think an Asian girl from any time period would be interesting.

    Also, an African American girl from some time in the 20th century!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member heidiabigail's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2005
    Posts
    688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I want a Northeastern coastal/island girl from the 1800s. I live in Maine, and would love to have one from this region!

    Ideally-
    Strawberry blond wavy hair- long, no bangs
    Blue eyes, or gray
    Light skin
    Freckles

  8. #8
    Inactive Member CasualAGFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2005
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would like to see:
    -a 20th-century African-American girl, perhaps from the 1920s Harlem Renaissance or the 1950s/1960s Civil Rights Movement
    -a late 19th-century/early 20th-century Asian American doll
    -an early 20th century Jewish immigrant(sorta like in the "Dear America" book "Dreams In The Golden Country")
    -an 1810s Creole girl living in New Orleans
    -a 17th-century Puritan girl
    -an 1830s/1840s Southern belle

  9. #9
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Id love a Hawaiian doll! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Samanthasmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    392
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1810s Creole girl living in New Orleans~~~~~ now that would be a beautiful doll

    Also I love the idea of the southern bell ~~~ Imagine how beautiful the clothes would be.

    1950's doll would be really nice too, they could have a juke box, sock hop type outfits, a little diner table to sit in, there would be so many cute accesories for that one!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •